Black tie events don’t come around very often. In fact, there are probably only a handful of times in your whole life when you’ll get the chance to dress up to the nines. This kind of event calls for your best attire; suits, shirts, and ties for men, and beautiful dresses for the ladies. Something many women wonder when they have a black tie event coming up, is whether to wear a long evening gown. There are many different styles of evening dress, but a long gown can look especially spectacular.
The Benefits of Wearing a Long Gown:
*Look Like a Red Carpet Superstar
Many famous women choose to wear long gowns on the red carpet, and with good reason. This kind of dress is the most attention grabbing, and always makes you look a million dollars. Of course, you could choose to wear a shorter cocktail style dress, but it may not have the same impact. Celebrities such as Emma Watson, Taylor Swift, Anne Hathaway, Katy Perry, and Mila Kunis all love wearing long dresses.
You’re sure to turn heads when you wear a beautiful long gown. If you want to feel like a VIP for the night, then a long gown can help.
Find a Style to Suit all Shapes and Sizes
No matter how short, tall, thin, or curvy you are, there’s a long gown to suit your body type and style. People who say that long gowns only suit slim supermodels are wrong – there’s a long gown to suit all kinds of ladies, from lace long evening gowns to silk long evening gowns!
Tips for Wearing a Long Evening Gown
Knowing how to wear a long gown is the key to looking amazing. Here are some tips that you may find helpful:
1. If you want to wear something over your dress, like a short jacket or cardigan, make sure you opt for a tailored option. This will stop you from looking too ‘bulky’.
2. Some smaller women find that a long dress can overwhelm their little frames. However, dresses that have less volume are perfect for the more petite ladies. Avoid wearing anything with too much ‘puffiness’ if you’re petite.
For tall ladies, make sure you choose a style that reaches all the way to the bottom of your feet. A dress that stops at your ankles won’t have the desired effect.
3. With your shoes, avoid going for anything too high or chunky. They can distract from the dress and look out of proportion. Wedge sandals can be a good choice if you want to add height without distracting.
Wearing too many accessories with your long dress can distract away from it and make the look too ‘busy’. Just one statement piece of jewellery is enough to wear with your dress, if you feel you need something.
4. If you want to show off your waist more, you can consider adding a belt to your long dress. This could be made from leather, cotton, or any other material that suits your dress. You’ll give yourself a lovely hourglass figure, if you don’t already have one!
Although your long dress can do most of the talking, you also need to consider your hair and makeup. Your hairstyle should compliment the style of dress you’ve chosen in order to create a gorgeous overall look. You might consider wearing a sparkly hair accessory, having your hair long and wavy, or pinning it up in a formal up-do. If you aren’t sure what to do with your hair, why not book an appointment with your hairdresser?
5. Everybody has a different body shape. There’s apple, pear, banana, and a whole lot more. By knowing your shape and measurements, you can choose a gown that’s perfect for you and flatters your shape.
Although you should always choose a dress that you love the colour of, you should make sure that it suits your complexion, hair colour, and eye colour too. Some colours may wash you out, while others will make you look stunning.
6. Standing up straight while wearing your long dress is a must. You’ll instantly look more confident and attractive!
Remember; one of the best accessories you can wear with your dress is a smile!
Long evening gowns are perfect for a special black tie event, whether you’re attending a wedding, prom, ball, or something else. It’s always better to be overdressed than under dressed, so make sure you make an effort to look sensational. Have fun shopping for the perfect dress!